The Thurrock SEN Service has created a monthly podcast which speaks directly to parents, carers, children, young people and professionals on topics that matter to them.
To date, nine episodes have been recorded and made available on the SEND Local Offer. These, in order of most recent, have covered:
- The role of the service's Preschool Area SENCo
- The Early Years – and introduction (including early support and what’s available)
- Impartial Information, advice and support
- Thurrock SEND vision and priorities
- An introduction to the SEND Code of Practice 2014
- We are Listening – what is engagement and its importance
- Introducing Special Educational Needs (Including identification)
- Welcome from the Strategic Lead for School Effectiveness and SEND
- Welcome to ‘Your Aspirations, Our Priority’
Through a themed approach, the SEND journey for children, young people, parents and carers will be explored. This also has clear links to the six priorities of the SEN service's SEND Communication and Engagement Strategy.
To listen to the podcasts please click here. Episodes are currently no longer than eight minutes long and can be listened to via a desktop computer, laptop, smartphone or android.
If you would like future episodes to focus on a particular topic please email QASEND@thurrock.gov.uk