Interim Progress Board
Olive Academies Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) is led by a group of board members who bring a wealth of experience from different professional backgrounds, such as business, finance and education. They have strategic responsibility for the development of Olive Academies’ vision and values and the implementation of these in our academies. More information about OA’s board members is available here: https://www.oliveacademies.org.uk/about-us/
Following the Ofsted inspection of Olive AP Academy – Thurrock in January 2017, the OA MAT board have taken the decision to replace the local governing body (LGB) with an interim progress board. The expectation is that this board will be in existence until such a point that the academy receives an improved Ofsted rating.
The function of the interim progress board is to secure a sound basis for the future improvement of the academy. Immediate responsibilities of the interim progress board include:
- To review the outcomes of the Ofsted report and agree an action plan to address these
- To monitor the action plan and take action where sufficient progress is not being made
- To act as a critical friend to academy and executive leaders to ensure strategic leadership is in place and having the intended outcomes.
Interim progress board members (March 2018)
- Paul Griffiths, St Cleres, independent chair of interim progress board
- Penny Johnson, Headteacher, Grays Convent School, independent vice chair of interim progress board
- Rosemary Leeke, OA MAT board trustee
- Collette Hunnisett, Ormiston Park Academy
- Mark Vickers, Chief Executive of Olive Academies
- Arwyn Thomas, Chief Operating Officer of Olive Academies
- An LA representative will be invited to the meetings – Malcolm Taylor, Strategic Lead Learner Support and Principal Educational Psychologist, Thurrock LA
Staff in attendance will include:
- Eileen Hinds, Director of Academy Effectiveness and Standards, Olive Academies
- Jo Hill, Headteacher at OA-Th
- Jenny Wingate, Governance and Policy Executive of Olive Academies
The interim progress board will meet termly. Read our report on the latest declarations of interest and attendance of interim progress board members. To view minutes of meetings or to contact the chair of the interim progress board and MAT Board please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also find the Olive AP Academy – Thurrock funding agreement and other key governance documents on our main Olive Academies website.