Academy Advisory Board
Olive Academies Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) is led by a group of board members who bring a wealth of experience from different professional backgrounds, such as business, finance and education. They have strategic responsibility for the development of Olive Academies’ vision and values and the implementation of these in our academies.
More information about OA’s board members is available here: //www.oliveacademies.org.uk/about-us/
The MAT has established an academy advisory board (AAB) for each of its academies which acts in an advisory capacity reporting to the MAT board and which is encouraged to offer advice, support and challenge to the headteacher to manage the academy and ensure that its performance is of a high standard. The trust approves the appointments of AAB members.
OA AABs are crucial to the smooth running of our academies, as they provide fundamental input and guidance on the local context and on leading the academy – strong partnership working with local schools, communities, the local authority and other partners is vital to our success and to educational outcomes of children and young people who attend our academy.
Academy Advisory Board (AAB) members (March 2019)
- Rosemary Leeke, OA MAT board trustee
- Mark Vickers, Chief Executive of Olive Academies
- Huw Derrick, Principal, Ormiston Park Academy
- Vivolyn Walker, Vice Principal, Hathaway Academy
- Ashlie Hughes, Headteacher, St Cleres School
A local authority representative is invited to the meetings – Michele Lucas, Assistant Director Education & Skills, Thurrock LA
Staff in attendance will include:
- Eileen Hinds, Director of Academy Effectiveness and Standards, Olive Academies
- Collette Hunnisett, Headteacher at OA-Th
- Robert Bell, Deputy Headteacher, OA-Th
- Jenny Wingate, Governance and Strategic Support Executive, Olive Academies
The interim progress board will meet termly. Read our report on the report on 1718 attendance and 2018/19 declarations of interest here. To view minutes of meetings or to contact the chair of the Academy Advisory Board or MAT Board please email email@example.com
You can also find the Olive AP Academy – Thurrock funding agreement and other key governance documents on our main Olive Academies website.